Lemon Cupcakes To print click here
( Yields 15 )
1-1/2 cups self-rising flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 cup white sugar
2 eggs, at room temperature
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon plus ½ teaspoon lemon zest
1/2 cup whole milk, divided
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line 15 cupcake pan cups with paper liners.
2. Sift the self-rising flour and salt together in a bowl. In another bowl, beat the unsalted butter and sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, beating each egg until incorporated before adding the next. Mix in the vanilla extract and lemon zest.
3. Gently beat the flour mixture into the butter mixture, one third at a time, alternating with the milk lemon juice after each of the first 2 additions of flour. Beat until just combined; do not over mix.
4. Fill the prepared cupcake liners with batter 3/4 full, and bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 17 minutes. Let the cupcakes cool in the pans for about 10 minutes before removing them to finish cooling on a rack.
Fresh Strawberry Buttercream
2 ½ sticks unsalted butter
2 ½ cups confectioners sugar (powdered)
1 ½ tablespoons milk
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extracts
pinch of salt
3 tablespoons pureed strawberries
1. In an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, whip butter on medium high speed until it becomes pale and creamy ( about 6-8 minutes )
2. Add all remaining ingredients to bowl. Mix on low speed for about 1 minutes or until all ingredients are incorporated. Increase to medium speed and whip for 6 more minutes. Best when used right away for piping. Keeps well in the refrigerator, but will just need to be re- whipped before frosting.