August 6, 2014

Root Beer Granita Float With Homemade Madagascar Vanilla Bean Ice Cream


Someday I hope to be one of those bloggers that post recipes with step by step photos of each processes. Today however is not that day. I have the sweetest 7 week old babe who I'd much rather devote my time and attention to. So for now, one photo and the recipe is just gonna have to do!

Root Beer Granita 
( I feel silly even writing this out as a recipe,because it's so simple and easy)

Ingredient:
- Your favorite root beer in all the land
yep, that's it!

Directions:
Pour the root beer into a baking dish that will lay flat in your freezer. Let freeze completely. Once frozen, take a fork and scrape into icy flakes. Keep scraping until all the root beer resembles shaved ice. Put back into freezer until ready to use.

Madagascar Vanilla Bean Ice Cream

Ingredients:
1 cup milk
¾ cup granulated sugar
2 cups heavy cream (very cold)
2 tsp Madagascar Vanilla Bean Paste 

(I absolutely LOVE my Madagascar Vanilla Paste! I save it for all my best recipes) You can purchase it here

Directions:
Whisk together the milk and sugar until sugar is dissolved. Stir in the heavy cream and vanilla. Add the ingredients to the freezer bowl of your ice cream mixer. Let it run in the mixer for about 30 minutes.

Once everything is made, grab a cup and layer the granita with the ice cream. Top with a little ice cold root beer. Enjoy! 


No comments:

Post a Comment