July 16, 2013

Biscoff Chocolate Chip Cookies


People always tell me, "wow you're a pastry chef, your husband must love all the goodies you bake him!" Or.... "How is your husband not three hundred pounds with all the desserts you make?"

OK confession time. I hardly ever bake for my husband. I know that sounds bad. Truth be told, I'm always in the kitchen baking up a storm .... but it's usually for customers. Then when the hubby and I get a hankering for something sweet, we usually go out! It's just the two of us at home and we love date nights so we gladly let others bake for us, plus we love supporting local businesses!

Recently my husband has been pretty obsessed with the Biscoff spread. We've had it before, but he just can't seem to get enough of it lately. So to save him from eating it strait from the jar (too late I know) I thought I'd try my hands at putting it in some good old fashioned chocolate chip cookies. And this time I made them just for him :)


Biscoff Chocolate Chip Cookies (print)


Ingredients:
1 stick butter, softened
1/2 cup Biscoff spread
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
1 egg
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips (I’m always generous when it comes to the amount of chocolate chips, so more than a cup is just fine!)


Directions:
Preheat oven to 375°.
Cream the butter, Biscoff and sugars until light. Add the egg and mix until fluffy.
Blend the flour, baking powder, soda and salt together. Add these dry ingredients to the butter mixture, and stir until completely combined. Add the chocolate chips.
Drop cookie dough by teaspoonfuls onto lightly greased baking sheets. Bake for 10-12 minute.



1 comment:

  1. You just made me day by posting this recipe! I can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete