October 10, 2013

Swiss Miss Hot Chocolate Chip Cookies

 

The time is here folks. The weather is cooling down, the scent of Fall is in the air, and it's now safe to drink hot cocoa and not break a sweat while doing it :)

I had been eying those Mallow-Bits for months now, just thinking of how I wanted to experiment with them in. When I went to purchase them and saw a recipe already on the back I was thrilled! I made a few adjustments and absolutely loved how they turned out!


Swiss Miss Hot Chocolate Cookies
Source: Whipple Scrumptious / Kraft     (PRINT)


Ingredients
1- ¼ cup butter at room temperature
1 cup granulated sugar
⅔ cup packed brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 Tsp. Vanilla
3- ¼ cups all purpose flour
4 pkt.instant hot cocoa
¼ Tsp. Cinnaman
1- ¼ Tsp. baking soda
1 Tsp. baking powder
1 cup semi-sweet mini chocolate chips
1 cup Jet-Puffed vanilla Mallow-Bits


Directions
Pre heat oven to 350 degrees


In a standing mixer, beat together the butter and both sugars until light and fluffy (On medium speed this should only take about 2-3 minutes)


Once light and fluffy, add the eggs and vanilla; mix well.


Sift together the flour, hot cocoa packets, cinnamon, baking soda, and powder. Gradually beat dry ingredients into the wet until blended.


Stir in chocolate chips and Mallow-bits

Use small cookie scoop to give you uniformed cookies, lightly grease cookie sheets and bake for 9-11 minutes.

**Baker Notes**
While some cookies taste great minutes after they are baked, with these I found they tasted even better on day two and three! I guess all the flavors just needed to sit a while. Store in an air tight container or bag and they will be just fine. The texture on these cookies are amazing!

Of course you can use any brand for the hot cocoa mix, but I am a Swiss Miss girl all the way. Plus just look and that limited addition packaging...I couldn't resit. I don't however recommend using sugar free cocoa mix.

I added cinnamon because we are cinnamon obsessed over here. I went with the mini chocolate chips to keep them the same size as the Mallows, and because I am also slightly obsessed with mini chocolate chips as well, they seem to be the only ones I am buying these days.

Happy Baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment