December 12, 2011

Fun Peppermint Bark Tutorial

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays everyone! I can't believe how fast this month goes by, and that Christmas is less then two weeks away!

Keeping with the holiday spirit of giving and sharing, I have a fun tutorial for you all that I hope you enjoy!

I had a hankering to make some cocoa cupcakes with peppermint buttercream complete with bark on top.I did however want to spice things up a bit from the traditional bark shape, and here is what I came up with 


It was fun and simple to do. All you need is
  • Wilton dark cocoa candy melts
  • Wilton candy cane melts
  • A variety of small cookie cutters of your choice 

First put both the cocoa and candy cane melts into separate microwave safe bowls (I always use my ramekins for things like this). DO NOT over heat, this stuff can burn causing the mixture to become lumpy. Heat them at 20 second intervals stirring and the end of each one until melted.

Line a cookie sheet with wax paper. Spread out the cocoa making sure not to spread it too thin.

Once done, place in freezer for a minute or so to help it solidify.


Remove from freezer and now apply the melted candy cane mixture. Place back in the freezer but this time for less then a minute, you do not want it to be too hard or the next step won't work.
Now for the fun part.....

Take desired cookie cutters and get to work :) I used my handy dandy rolling pin to press down on the cutters to insure a clean cut all the way down the chocolate. To remove the bark from the cutters just carefully apply pressure evenly. Not every piece came out perfect  but I tried to keep the shape as best I could.

Once you have all your desired shapes cut out,  just break up the bark like you normally would and voilĂ  
You now have your shaped peppermint bark, and your normal bark. 



 Add them to your favorite cupcake and that's it!
easy peasy
:)

Also... I made those adorable cupcake stands, but that will be another tutorial for another day

Cheers! 

3 comments:

  1. These look great and I love your little mini cupcake stands!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my goodness, these look amazing! So cute!!! Love everything about them, including the stands. You are a wonder. And I love the new look of the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect! I will have to make these! Thanks for the amazing idea! You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete