May 27, 2010

My Own Cake

For those of you who don't know, I was just recently married. In fact as of today it has been 2 months and 14 days, but who is counting right :) In all the hustle and bustle of wedding planning the question of who was going to make my cake would always arise. In the past 2 years I had made three wedding cakes for three of my siblings, but now that it was my turn I really hadn't given much thought to my own cake. Surprising I know! After finally deciding that yes, I did want to make my own cake, I pretty much put that thought on the back burner. Until about three weeks before the wedding. Yikes! I guess I am a procrastinator. But to tell you the truth, I didn't really know how I wanted my cake to look. But this is what I did know: I wanted it to be a medium sized cake, I wanted to use real butter cream frosting, I wanted it to be simple yet elegant, and I wanted to use my Great Grandmother's cake stand that had been given to me. So with that in mind, here is the final result.






No comments:

Post a Comment